28 February 2006

a candle briefly out...

Macbeth: To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.


Shakespeare, William; Macbeth, Act 5, scene 5


...and then nothing?

2 comments:

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

Macbeth: To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, AND TO MORROW, OHIO IS WHERE MY DARLING DAUGHTER LIVES. SO, I HAD TO 'PASTE' AND JABBER THIS WAY.

Creeps - YES, THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM I THINK. in this petty I WISH HE'D WRITTEN 'PITY' MYSELF pace from day to day,
To the last syllable (THERE WILL BE NO LAST SYLLABLE IF THE WOMEN HAVE THEIR WAY) of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools (UNFORTUNATELY, THEY DIDN'T LIGHT THE BARBEQUE GRILL THOUGH).
The way to dusty death. (IS DEFINITELY IF YOU LIVE IN THE DESERT LIKE I DO).
Out, out, brief candle! (WHICH IS HAPPENING TO THE ONE I BOUGHT AT DOLLAR TREE FOR A BUCK).
Life's but a walking shadow; (THAT'S ONLY IF YOU SUFFER FROM AN EATING DISORDER IN THE 21ST CENTURY - HELLOW BIG MAC) a poor player, (THIS IS ONLY IF YOU'RE STILL HANGING ON TO THOSE 8-TRACKS).
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, (THE STRUTS ARE GONE FROM MY RACE-CAR; AND THE FRETS ARE ON MY NEWEST GUITAR).
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, (AND ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD MANGLE SHAKESPEARE'S WORDS LIKE I HAVE) full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing. (DAMN, HE SURE WAS CYNICAL NOW WASN'T HE....)

I have to be serious now: I just love this - love all of Shakespeare, so I figured I could 'spoof' this with 'great love and affection' for his incredible works (I have all of them).

Diane - Nevada

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

SORRY ABOUT THE TYPOS - MY READING GLASSES ARE 'FOGGED UP'...smile. Diane.